Accom Caloundra Terms and Conditions
1. As of November 1st 2014 a refundable bond is included in the booking tariff. Photographic identification and the Guest’s Credit Card details are required as additional security against the booking. The Guest hereby authorises the Agent to retain the Bond and Credit Card details until the Agent is satisfied that the Property has been left in a state considered by the Agent to be satisfactory, after the Guest’s Booking has concluded. If, in the absolute discretion of the Agent, the Agent considers that the Property has not been left in a satisfactory state, the Agent may, without reference to the Guest, deduct monies from the bond and/or enter a debit on the Credit Card of the Guest to cover the additional costs. International Bond Refund to accounts may attract a extra fee. Bond refunds are usually processed with 3– 5 business day but in peak periods can take as long as 14 business days to be refunded. Please note, any booking made under the name of a guest who resides within the 4551 postcode may attract a bond of $1000.
2. Linen is not supplied for any properties unless stated, you will have to supply your own or hire it from Holiday Hiring at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0418710790.
3. A deposit of 30% of the tariff plus the Booking Fee and any Reseller Fees is required within 14 days of having made a booking with our Agency. Should full deposit monies not be received by our Agency by the required date, we reserve the right to cancel the booking.
4. Payments methods available are Direct Deposit, EFTPOS, Credit Card (Visa/Mastercard) or cheque. Full payment of Rental is required 28 days prior to date of arrival. Should a cheque be dishonoured the Guest will be responsible for any bank fees incurred.
5. As at the 1st June 2017 a $50.00 (inclusive of GST) booking fee will apply to all bookings. Additional over the phone and Reseller fees may apply.
6. As at 1st April 2012, all guests that wish to pay monies by Credit Card will incur a surcharge of 1.5%. Paying by EFTPOS will NOT incur a fee .
7. The Tenancy (“the Tenancy”) commences after 2:00 pm on the Arrival Date and expires before 10:00 am on the Departure Date. Should occupants fail to return the keys to our office by 10am, a charge of 1 full extra night may be deducted from either the credit card details or from the bond as a late key return fee. Guests WILL NOT be entitled to stay this extra night or extend their original booking. The extra night charge will remain as the late key return fee. The cleaner has the right to charge a late checkout fee if the guest has not departed by 10am.
8. The Property may only be used by the Guest for holiday residential purposes and must not be used for any other purpose such as Wedding Functions. We have a strictly ‘no party’ policy at all of our properties. Failure to strictly comply entitles the Agent to immediately terminate the Tenancy without the Guest being entitled to a refund of any monies paid and without the Guest being able to make any claim whatsoever for such termination.
9. Keys are to be collected during normal office hours only and if the Guest or any of the Guest’s Occupants locks himself/herself out after hours, it is the Guest’s responsibility to arrange and pay for a locksmith. PLEASE NOTE WE ARE ONLY OBLIGED TO GIVE OUT 1 SET OF KEYS PER PROPERTY, HOWEVER WE WILL ENDEAVOUR TO ISSUE 2 SETS OF KEYS WHERE POSSIBLE.
10. All Guests shall comply with Body Corporate By-laws (if applicable). Failure to strictly comply entitles the Agent to immediately terminate the Tenancy without the Guest being entitled to a refund of any monies paid and without the Guest being able to make any claim whatsoever for such termination. All properties are NON SMOKING.
11. All Guests shall not create or permit any noise or nuisance which does or is likely to interfere with the peaceful enjoyment of any other person within the vicinity of the Property. Failure to strictly comply entitles the Agent to immediately terminate the Tenancy without the Guest being entitled to a refund of any monies paid and without the Guest being able to make any claim whatsoever for such termination. This also includes any illegal activity in the property which can or does also involve police presence.
12. Unless the Property is designated pet-friendly, no animals are to be kept on the Property. Failure to strictly comply entitles the Agent to immediately terminate the Tenancy without the Guest being entitled to a refund of any monies paid and without the Guest being able to make any claim whatsoever for such termination. If it is found that pets are or have been at a property, guests will be charged for all cleaning and maintenance required to be carried out.
13. The Guest must only use the designated parking for the property.
14. The number of Occupants is restricted to the number stated on this form. Failure to comply with this condition entitles the Agent to immediately terminate the Tenancy and forfeit all rental monies paid free from any claim whatsoever by the Guest.
15. To the fullest extent permitted by Law, neither the Agent nor the Owner shall be liable for any injury or death to the Guest, the Occupants or any other person on or in the vicinity of the Property nor for any damage to or loss or destruction of any property of the Guest, the Occupants or any other person on or in the vicinity of the Property and also to the fullest extent permitted by Law, the Guest agrees to indemnify and keep indemnified the Agent and the Owner (jointly and severally) against any claim or other consequence in any way associated with any such injury, death, damage, loss or destruction.
16. The Guest indemnifies the Agent and the Owner (jointly and severally) against all legal proceedings, costs and expenses for which either the Agent or the Owner may become legally responsible whether during or after the term of the Tenancy arising from or in any way associated with the Guest’s use of the Property. This includes guests being responsible for extra cleaning charges should they arise a result of guest’s stay.
17. If the Property is sold or withdrawn then the Guest’s booking can be cancelled by the Agent giving notice of cancellation to the Guest and in such case the Guest does not have any right to the Tenancy nor any right to take any action against either the Owner or the Agent.
18. The description of the Property as advised by the Agent (whether by telephone, email or by any other means) is made in good faith. However, the Guest expressly agrees that it has not relied upon any representation by the Agent and the Guest agrees that there shall be no entitlement to any refund if the Property is not up to the Guest’s expectations. The definition of sea or estuary can be seen from the lounge, kitchen or balcony at least. It MAY not be a panoramic view. Caloundra is experiencing phenomenal growth, and could expect construction noise from apartment blocks being built. Whether we are notified or not in regards to constructions , new buildings , renovations, Henzells/Accom Caloundra/Owners are not obliged to offer any discounts or refunds. We do apologise for the noise or views being obstructed however can’t be held responsible.
19. The Guest acknowledges that the Rental quoted by the Agent may be increased or the property description as described at time of booking may alter or the owner may remove items from the unit and as such no compensation is applicable. Should the furnishings or fittings alter, wherever possible, we will attempt to contact the guest. If the Agent advises the Guest that there has been an increase in the Rent then within fourteen days of receipt of such advice either party may terminate the booking and in such case any monies paid by the Guest to the Agent will be refunded without any deduction and then neither party will have any claim whatsoever against the other party in relation to the proposed Tenancy. If neither party terminates in accordance with this clause, then the Guest must proceed with the Tenancy at the increased rental. Time is of the essence with respect to the fourteen day period.
20. In these Terms & Conditions “Agent” means Henzells Agency Pty Ltd trading as Henzells Agency, “Owner” means the registered owner/s of the Property or the person/s or company/companies entitled to be the registered owner/s and “Guest” includes any Guest whose name/s appear on the first page. When “Guest” includes more than one person, the obligations of such persons are joint and several.
21. The Agency reserves the right to request an application form and 100 point check be completed prior to approving guests to stay in accommodation. A minimum of 48 hours will be required for this process. All guests that wish to stay at a property must be approved by this procedure. This application process will be conducted at the discretion of the Agency.
22. If the Guest wishes to cancel or change their booking and gives less than 3 months notice, no refund of any monies paid shall be made unless and until the Property is re-let for the total period of the proposed Tenancy at the same or greater rent. If cancellation is made three months or more prior to the arrival date of the booking, a minimum of $50.00 shall be held by the Agency. If a booking has been paid for by credit card and is cancelled, all bank charges are the responsibility of the Guest. This booking is made in good faith and the Agent is not responsible for any actions taken by the Owner. The cancellation policy becomes active on any account once monies have been paid. Our Agency strongly suggests that you take out independent travel insurance.
23. Some of our properties provide Wifi, Henzells agency or owner will not be held liable for internet speed , quality or faults of internet service from the provider. Currently not all of the Accom Caloundra properties have WIFI, If the property does it will be stated in the advertising.
24. Rebooking - Henzells/Accom Caloundra will endeavour to rebook you for your entitled dates. However ,if school holiday dates are changed or owners book the dates themselves and you cannot book your same dates, this is out of our control, and we will not be held responsible - please note when school holiday dates are changed the seasonal prices may change with them . Not all properties offer the 10% rebooking discount ( 7 night min and first week only) - please check with staff. Rebooking is for dates NOT PERIODS.